Call for Applications: Volunteer position of CSHP Representative to the Immunize Canada National Coalition
Term of Appointment: 3 years plus optional additional 2 years – 5 years maximum
Term Commences: June 2019
CSHP is seeking a representative to join Immunize Canada, “a national coalition of 36 Canadian non-governmental, professional, health, government and private-sector organizations with a specific interest in promoting the understanding and use of vaccines recommended by the National Advisory Committee on Immunization.” Immunize Canada has a goal of contributing “to the control/elimination/eradication of vaccine-preventable diseases in Canada.” (Immunize Canada, 2019).
As per its Terms of Reference, full Members of Immunize Canada are voting members. They would boost Immunize Canada’s capacity to achieve its goals through the following responsibilities.
- The CSHP representative would participate in Immunize Canada’s teleconferences/meetings, or delegate another representative if unavailable. (There are 3 teleconferences and an Annual General Meeting each year.) The representative would serve as the liaison between Immunize Canada and CSHP.
- CSHP would promote immunization messaging and uptake through its membership and networks.
- CSHP would provide in-kind contributions such as display space at conferences and/or annual meetings, inclusion of promotional and educational materials in newsletters, websites, and other communications.
Qualified candidates should:
- Be a current CSHP Member.
- Be working in the area of interest of the representative position
- Act as a useful ambassador for the work undertaken by Immunize Canada
- Be available to collaborate by teleconference and e-mail
CSHP representatives are required to file a report to the CSHP Board twice yearly.
Interested and qualified candidates are asked to send their letter of intent (expressing their interest in the position), curriculum vitae, and a completed Conflict of Interest Form to the CSHP office by fax (613-736-5660) or by e-mail to Rosemary Pantalone at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the volunteer role of a CSHP Representative, please contact Rosemary Pantalone.
Deadline Date for Applications: Monday, June 24, 2019