Excellence in Pharmacy Practice - Interprofessional Collaboration
Submission deadline: September 30, 2020 (23:59 Pacific Time)
Purpose and criteria
This award will be granted for a project, protocol, process, or initiative of importance to hospital pharmacy practice that was implemented in a hospital or healthcare facility. Programs or initiatives must involve departments from outside of pharmacy, such as interprofessional clinics (e.g., family care teams).
This award recognizes an individual or team that has worked effectively across disciplines or boundaries to improve pharmacy practice or patient care, which may be evidenced in one or more of the following ways:
- Demonstrating best practice in a patient-centred collaborative approach focused on patient outcomes
- Embracing the principles of continuous quality improvement
- Incorporating patient perspective and values
- Fostering consensus in decision-making and cooperative problem-solving
- Having a thorough understanding of the roles and scopes of all members of the team
- Other related qualities that may be considered during the selection process
This award is open to any Member, Individual Supporter, or Student Pharmacist Supporter of CSHP who has held membership since September 30, 2019. In the event of a team nomination, at least one team-member must meet eligibility requirements. Only one award will be granted in a given year; if there are no qualified candidates, the award will not be given.
About the award
Due to the cancellation of in-person events at the 52nd Annual Professional Practice Conference (PPC), the 2020-2021 National Awards Ceremony will be held virtually for the first time. The ceremony will be scheduled in conjunction with other PPC online sessions.
All award winners will receive a personalized framed certificate and an invitation to attend the awards ceremony.
Award submissions will be adjudicated by the National Awards Committee. Assessment will be based solely on the information provided. In the event of a peer-nomination, additional details may be requested by the Awards Committee.
- Nominations due by September 30, 2020 (23:59 Pacific Time)
- Winners contacted by November 13, 2020
- Winners announced in January via website, email, and social media
Submit an individual or team for consideration using this nomination form.
Please provide the following documents with your completed nomination form:
- A nomination letter (not exceeding 1000 words) which outlines the reasons that the nominated individual or team is recommended for consideration. The letter should describe how the work of the nominee (or team) meets the criteria for the award.
- At least two letters of support (not exceeding 300 words each) from individuals, other than the nominator (including contact information), who have first-hand knowledge of the accomplishments of the nominated individual or team. Letters should describe why the candidate(s) should receive the award. Non-members of CSHP can submit a letter of support.
- Any supporting documentation to provide additional information about the project, protocol, process, or initiative. This may include print or online news articles, presentations, publications, certificates of achievement, CV, profile, or biography (please limit supporting documents to 4 pages each)
- In the event of a peer-nomination, additional details may be requested by the Awards Committee
Completed nominations may be returned to CSHP by mail, fax, or email.
Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists
30 Concourse Gate, Unit 3, Ottawa ON K2E 7V7
Toll Free: 877-340-2756, ext. 222
Past award recipients
Jenny C Chiu and Alice Watt