Fees and Application Requirements
It is critical that your application be complete when it is submitted. Any incomplete application will render the applicant ineligible to apply to any program.
Payment of fees: $200 registration fee (allows application for up to 8 programs).
- If you want to apply to more than 8 programs, each additional program application costs $25.
- Anyone applying to one or more programs in British Columbia is required to pay an additional $50 fee.
Personal information: name, address
Status: Citizenship (Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or holder of a valid Canadian work permit), eligibility for licensure
Education: Include up to five completed directed studies, graded projects, elective courses or other relevant education experiences that you wish to highlight.
List up to 10 experiential/practicum placements you have completed and/or will have completed by the end of your pharmacy program. Include practicum/rotation course name and course number. In the brief description, include the name of the facility where the rotation took place and a brief description of the site (e.g. hospital, community, family practice, long-term care, etc.). For hospital rotations include the specific clinical unit/area. For example "Canada Hospital, ambulatory clinics, adult internal medicine".
Secondary and Post-Secondary Education: level of education completed, name of school, location, start and end dates from the following:
- at least one Secondary institution (High School) education entry
- at least one Post-Secondary institution - including your pharmacy degree even if still in progress
- Atleast one Post-Secondary Transcript - your pharmacy degree transcript must be included
Transcripts must include the following data: name, student number, numerical mark and letter grade for each course taken. Unofficial (i.e. unsealed) transcripts in PDF format are acceptable
Upload all of your transcripts in a PDF format with each education entry, select the appropriate file from your attachments (if applicable. You can only include one file per education entry. If you have more than one transcript for a single course or certification, combine them into one PDF file before uploading.
Work experience (including paid co-op experiences). Please exclude program-related experiential rotations: name of organization, location, position title, start and end dates, name of supervisor, and duties
Community Service / Volunteer Experience. Please list community service or volunteer experiences that is independent of your pharmacy training.: name of organization, location, position title, start and end dates, name of supervisor, and duties
Leadership Experience. List pharmacy-related and non-pharmacy-related leadership activities starting with your most recent experience: name of organization, location, position title, start and end dates, name of supervisor, and duties
Extracurricular Activities: List sports, performance in the arts, hobbies, including dates of involvement and organization, as applicable, starting with the most recent
Publications and Major Presentation: Provide names and dates and any brief details of publications and major presentations (excluding those required by the pharmacy program).
Professional Organizations/Affiliations/Memberships: List memberships with professional organizations including dates of involvement, starting with the most recent.
Awards and Scholarships (please include any dollar amounts)
Essay: describing the following (max. 600 words / 4000 characters), which includes:
- Your reason for applying for a residency program and how it aligns with your career goals
- Your expectations of a residency program
- How your life experiences to date have prepared you for a residency program
- Tell us something about yourself that we have not asked of you in this application.
Refer to Sample Application Documents for an example of the application and reference forms.
Documents: The application process requires that you submit the following documents:
- Unofficial transcript from your pharmacy program (mandatory) - must include student name/ student number/ numerical marks and letter grade for each course taken.
- Unofficial (i.e. unsealed) transcripts in PDF are acceptable.
- High school transcripts are not necessary.
- The term “unofficial”, as it pertains to the transcript, denotes that the applicant procures and directly submits the document to the PRAMS. It can be an unsealed document and is not expected to be submitted by the education institution.
- If you have more than one transcript for a single course or certification, please combine them into one PDF before uploading.
- Official transcripts may be required directly by the programs later in the application program but this is independent of the PRAMS.
Some programs require additional information to assess applications. The program(s) you select will have the additional program requirements listed to upload in PRAMS. The additional documents you upload will be attached to that program only.
References: During the application process you are expected to submit the names and contact information for 3 references. You will enter each of your selected references into PRAMS which will automatically send an electronic reference form for them to complete.
- It is a good idea to contact your references in advance to confirm expectations and to confirm their availability to complete the reference form.
- Be sure to select referees who know you well and who will comply with the application program’s deadline.
Time: The application process requires careful consideration and the uploading of documents. Be sure to set aside enough time to complete the application process. Do not leave the application to the last minute. Stay attuned to the key dates that occur after your application is submitted, and plan accordingly.