Health Canada’s OCS to Launch New E-Services Portal for Healthcare Providers to Report the Loss or Theft of Controlled Substances and/or Precursors Online
This fall, Health Canada’s Office of Controlled Substances (OCS) will be launching a new E-Services Portal, which will allow pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physicians, and other healthcare providers to report the loss or theft of controlled substances and/or precursors online.
After pilot testing the portal and making refinements based on feedback, the Office of Controlled Substances is looking for hospital sites to enroll in a second round of testing before the full public release. If you would like to enroll, please submit your name, email address and hospital name here. CSHP will be forwarding this information to the OCS so that they can register you within the portal and send you all the required information.
With the portal, you will be able to:
- Submit loss or theft reports online
- View and amend submitted loss or theft reports
- Submit and manage reports from multiple locations
- Access searchable databases of controlled substances, precursor chemicals, and products containing these substances, to make reporting easier
- Receive automatic notifications when a report has been received and/or accepted
- Receive messages securely from Health Canada
- Save completed reports as PDFs to email to colleagues or for local storage
- Print copies of reports for your files