Hospital Pharmacy Student Award
Submission deadline: October 26, 2020 (23:59 Pacific Time)
Purpose and criteria
This award is presented to an undergraduate pharmacy student who exhibits the traits of a future hospital pharmacy practitioner and has shown a commitment to hospital pharmacy practice:
- The candidate exhibits eagerness, dedication, and a positive attitude toward academic learning and the profession and practice of hospital pharmacy
- The candidate has received training in an organized healthcare setting
- The candidate has participated in the education of healthcare practitioners, the public or patients
- The candidate may have participated in voluntary CSHP and CAPSI activities
- The candidate has been endorsed by a preceptor or supervisor who can attest to their worthiness for this award through their stated contributions to hospital pharmacy
This award is open to any student pharmacist who belongs to both CSHP and CAPSI and is enrolled in an undergraduate pharmacy program at a Canadian university at the time the application is submitted. Only one award will be granted in a given year; if there are no qualified candidates, the award will not be given.
About the award
This award is usually presented at CAPSI’s Professional Development Week (PDW). However, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic PDW 2021 in Saskatoon has been cancelled. The award will instead be presented virtually at the 2020-2021 CSHP National Awards Ceremony held in conjunction with the virtual 52nd Annual Professional Practice Conference (PPC).
This year, the recipient receives a $200 cash prize (funded by CAPSI), a framed certificate, and full complimentary conference registration to the PPC. The recipient will also receive an invitation to attend the awards ceremony, where the award will be presented.
Award submissions will be adjudicated by the CSHP National Awards Committee. Assessment will be based solely on the information provided. In the event of a peer-nomination, additional details may be requested by the Awards Committee.
- Applications due by October 26, 2020 (23:59 Pacific Time)
- Winner contacted by December 11, 2020
- Winner announced in January via website, email, and social media
Completing a nomination is a two-step process. Both steps must be completed in order for the submission to be considered for an award. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Step 1: Nominate yourself or someone else for this award
Get started by reviewing a copy of the questions and composing your submission in advance using your normal word processor. This will ensure that you have a local copy in case of computer error. Save a copy of your submission for your records before you enter it online. You can then copy/paste the information into the online application.
Step 2: Complete your nomination by forwarding these additional supporting documents to CSHP
- A letter of recommendation (not exceeding 500 words) from the candidate's preceptor or supervisor. This letter should indicate why the candidate is worthy of the award and how they fulfill the award criteria. The preceptor or supervisor does not have to be a member of CSHP in order to submit a letter
- A signature form
Step 3: Complete both steps and return all forms to CSHP by mail, fax, or email by October 26, 2020 (23:59 Pacific Time)
Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists
30 Concourse Gate, Unit 3, Ottawa ON K2E 7V7
Toll Free: 877-340-2756, ext. 222
|2020||Dillon H Lee|
|2017||Erin A Cicinelli|