CSHP is pleased to endorse Benson Kearley IFG as its broker for professional liability and commercial general liability insurance. Benson Kearley IFG is a multi-line insurance brokerage based in Newmarket, Ontario. Their specializations include professional liability for healthcare and other professional disciplines.
Enjoy exclusive savings on your professional liability/malpractice insurance premium when you purchase your policy through CSHP. This group insurance program is open to CSHP Members, Individual Supporters, and Student Pharmacist Supporters in good standing.
Coverage is available for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and students. CSHP’s policy is competitively-priced and compliant with provincial requirements. Commercial general liability insurance can also be purchased.
Professional Liability Insurance Rates (Policy Term - July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018)
|$1,000,000 per claim/$1,000,000 aggregate||$150||$75||N/A|
|$2,000,000 per claim/$2,000,000 aggregate||$175||$88||N/A|
|$2,000,000 per claim/$4,000,000 aggregate||$200||$100||$50|
|$3,000,000 per claim/$3,000,000 aggregate||$250||$125||$80|
|$4,000,000 per claim/$4,000,000 aggregate||$300||$150||$95|
|$5,000,000 per claim/$5,000,000 aggregate||$350||$175||$125|
Commercial General Liability Insurance Rates (Policy Term - July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018)
|$1,000,000 per claim||$175|
|$2,000,000 per claim||$225|
|$3,000,000 per claim||$255|
|$4,000,000 per claim||$290|
|$5,000,000 per claim||$350|
Information about purchasing your insurance policy through CSHP
Policy term: July 1 to June 30
You must be a current CSHP Member, Individual Supporter, or Student Pharmacist Supporter in order to purchase your insurance through this group program. Special introductory membership and supporter rates are available to new applicants that may save you money on the combined purchase of a membership or supporter status plus an insurance plan.
Not a Member or Supporter? Join today!
Professional liability and commercial general liability insurance applications submitted mid-term will be subject to a pro-rated discount as follows:
|November 30 to March 31||
|April 1 to June 30||
Information about renewing your insurance policy through CSHP
Policy term: July 1 to June 30
Email reminders will be sent directly from CSHP’s insurance broker to all existing policy holders.
You must maintain your CSHP membership, Individual Supporter, or Student Pharmacist Supporter status in order to retain coverage through this group insurance program.
Has your CSHP membership or supporter status lapsed? Renew today!
For pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
- The membership and individual supporter year is July 1 to June 30
- The expiry date of your CSHP membership or supporter status must match the expiry date of your insurance policy
- For example, if you are renewing your insurance policy for the July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018 term, you must also renew your membership or supporter status for the same period
For student pharmacists
- The Student Pharmacist Supporter year is January 1 to December 31
- The expiry date of your CSHP Student Pharmacist Supporter status must be June 30, 2017 or later. You must also renew your CSHP Student Pharmacist Supporter dues for the 2018 year
- For example, if you are renewing your insurance policy for the July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018 term, you must maintain your Student Pharmacist Supporter status during the 2017 and 2018 years
Instructions on how to purchase or renew your policy
The insurer is Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company. Trisura is a Canadian-based insurance company that specializes in professional liability and other corporate risk products. Follow this link to access the insurance application instructions (login required). If you are redirected at login, return to this page to access the instructions.
If you unable to login to the CSHP website immediately after joining or renewing, please wait at least one business day before trying again. Our system may experience a delay in updating login credentials.
Article edited by Michael McQuaid, Vice President, Corporate Risk, Benson Kearley IFG
Trisura Legal Assistance Hotline
Your Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company policy includes access to unlimited legal advice by calling 1-866-945-5207. If you have any questions that require the assistance of a lawyer, the Trisura Legal Assistance Hotline is available from 8 am to midnight (local time), seven days per week. In emergency situations, your call will always be answered.
What do I do if I require legal assistance?
Have your policy number ready. By having the information ready, we will be able to quickly confirm that you are a Trisura policyholder.
- Call the Hotline at 1-866-945-5207. The first voice you hear will be a customer service agent, who will take down basic information and direct you to the correct area of the law. You will then either speak directly to a lawyer or schedule the most convenient time for a lawyer to call you back.
- Speak with the Lawyer. Our lawyers are knowledgeable and courteous, and will provide you with the information and clearly defined next steps. There is no limit to the duration or number of calls. On the contrary, it is encouraged to call whenever you have a legal concern to help minimize risk of more complicated future problems.
Broker Contact Information
Insurance-related inquiries should be directed to:
Gerrie Bolton, Benson Kearley IFG
Tel. (905) 707-5141, ext. 1256
Toll Free (800) 463-6503