You are a crucial part of the healthcare team. We have many resources available for pharmacy technicians, as well as a network of outstanding technicians from whom you can draw insight and experience. Below are some key benefits to boost your CSHP experience!
- Pharmacy Specialty Networks (PSNs): Reach out to pharmacy technicians and pharmacists in any number of the PSNs- ask questions; share your insight. These and other PSNs might be of interest to you: Medication Safety, Medication Distribution, Parenteral Services, Small Hospital, and more.
- The Canadian Journal of Hospital Pharmacy: Stay up-to-date on new developments in pharmacy practice. With your membership, journal subscription fees ($160 annually) are completely waived. Articles from recent issues include:
- Knowledge and Attitudes of Hospital Pharmacy Staff in Canada Regarding Medical Assistance in Dying (MAiD)
- Medication Reconciliation in Pediatric Cardiology Performed by a Pharmacy Technician: A Prospective Cohort Comparison Study
- Chemotherapy Order Entry by a Clinical Support Pharmacy Technician in an Outpatient Medical Day Unit
- Network with peers: Connect with like-minded individuals. Hear their stories firsthand and collaborate towards evolving patient care. Local branch events and nation-wide gatherings facilitate learning along with the formation of life-long relationships.
- Professional Liability Insurance: BMS provides access to coverage designed for you and only available through CSHP, including experienced claims service, Pharmacy Technician rates and access to pro bono legal advice. View your coverage options.
- Advocacy: Learn about pertinent issues in pharmacy. Make your voice heard by responding to consultations posted on CSHP.ca.
- Pharmacy 365: Interested in enhancing your knowledge for personal and professional growth? Pharmacy 365 is an ever-expanding suite of resources covering a variety of pharmacy topics including medication distribution toolkits, medication safety webinars and more!
- Awards: New! Be formally recognized for your contributions and achievements. Pharmacy technicians can now submit for national awards.